- City Council
- NVOZ Referendum
NVOZ (North Village Overlay Zone) Referendum Petition is Insufficient
The sponsors of the North Village Overlay Zone referendum had 45 days to collect 2,476 signatures in order for the decision of whether to approve or reject the North Village Overlay Zone be referred to the voters. This number represents 29% of active registered voters in Heber City. The deadline to obtain and submit signatures to the County Clerk was 5:00 p.m. May 26, 2021. The County Clerk confirmed 1,412 valid signatures were received. Therefore, the NVOZ referendum has been declared insufficient.
A referendum petition has been filed with the City to refer the decision to reject or approve Ordinance 2020-42 entitled “AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING A REVISED NORTH VILLAGE OVERLAY DISTRICT” to the Voters.
To learn more, please see the information below.
- NVOZ Ordinance
- Referendum Application
- Argument/Statement submitted by the sponsors of the Referendum
- Argument/Statement submitted by the City
- Fiscal and Legal Impact Statement provided by the City Attorney and Budget Officer
- Removal of Signature from Petition Instructions
- NVOZ Proposition Information Pamphlet
- History of the NVOZ
Public Hearings and meetings related to NVOZ