Request for Proposals (RFP)
Architectural Services for Programming and Design
of Cemetery/Parks Office
Heber City, Utah, a body corporate and politic of the State of Utah, located in Wasatch County, Utah, has received approval from the City Council to issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) to qualified companies/firms for the delivery of Architectural Services.
SCOPE OF PROJECT
Heber City (City) is requesting qualified companies/firms to submit proposals for Architectural Services for completing the programming and design for a Cemetery/Parks Office building (approx.. 2,700 sq. ft), including development of construction documents, bid documents and cost estimates, to be located at City’s cemetery on 550 East
The programming of the building will 1) identify the services to be provided in the facility; 2) current and future staff-level requirements; 3) equipment needs; and 4) space needs. The building’s design will provide for the following: 1) architecture sensitive to cemetery environment; 2) functionality; 3) citizen access; 4) employee satisfaction; 5) technology and innovation; and 6) energy efficiency and maintenance efficiency. It’s hoped that the new building will be a “smart building” providing for telecommunications infrastructure that would be universal, flexible and scalable. The new building will serve the City and its residents through cemetery build out.
Upon completion of the facility’s design, construction and bid documents will be completed and forwarded to the City for advertising and awarding of a construction contract. Yet to be determined is the role of the architectural firm in construction management/oversight of the project.
SPECIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Instructions for Submitting Proposals
The purpose of this RFP is to permit the evaluation of qualifications and costing of the respondents. All proposals must be received in the office of the City Recorder no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, October 18, 2021. Proposals submitted after the 5:00 p.m. deadline will not be accepted. Proposals should be submitted electronically to Heber City Recorder at TCooke@Heberut.gov with the subject line of the email reading “Architectural Services for Heber Cemetery/Parks Office; or an electronic copy can be dropped off at the City Recorder’s office located at 75 N. Main, Heber City, UT. Copies of the RFP may be picked up at the same location. Written inquiries should be directed to Mark Rounds, Parks & Cemetery Director, via e-mail: mrounds@Heberut.gov.
- REP Format/Requirements:
- Cover/Title page that contains at a minimum the following: 1) name of company, (company, firm, partnership, individual–name existing under the laws of the State of Utah or respective state), address of principal place of business, phone number and e-mail, 2) signature located above the typed or printed name and title of the signer (the signer shall have the authority to bind the respondent to the submitted proposal), and 3) business license number, state issued and classification;
- Letter of Introduction containing the following: Managing principal (if applicable); identification and role of key individuals in the firm and/or its consultants; identification of primary office that proposed work would be completed; and current work load.
- List of previous relevant experience with name and contact information of persons of reference on each project listed—please distinguish whether project was a private sector or public sector project and completion date of project.
- Identification of hourly costs for firm’s team members anticipated to work on said project as well as expected mileage related expenses. Additionally, submission of cost proposal for completing each element contained in the scope of work.
- A proposed time-line to complete each element of the project; history of past actual project time-lines and requests of time extensions.
- Project Approach/Methodology: Provide a detailed approach to the methodology proposed to be used to achieve the goals of the project scope (programming, design and construction documents/estimates)--including role of City Council, staff and general public in each of the said goals.
- Evaluation of Bids
- Awarding of proposal shall be based upon, but not limited to, the factors listed below, not necessarily in the order of their importance:
- Cost proposal and rates;
- Prior experience with similar projects in the public sector;
- Ability of the respondent to fulfill contract and specification (i.e. responsibility);
- Reputation of respondent and service to past clients;
- Responsiveness to specifications and special terms and conditions set forth in this RFP;
- Methodology for completing project scope.
- Selection Procedures
- The City will review all submissions utilizing a matrix of predetermined, weighted values for each of the required items, and will likely select up to three (3) firms receiving the highest scores to continue in the evaluation process.
- The firms receiving the highest score will be invited to participate in an interview with the staff &/or City Council. The firms are requested to limit the number of participants in the interview to the project architect and/or one principal of the firm.
- Following the interview, firms will be individually ranked from first selection to third.
- The City will then enter into negotiations with the highest scoring firm to establish the value of compensation and other relevant issues.
- In the event the City is not able to negotiate a mutually acceptable contract with the successful firm, it reserves the right to terminate negotiations, and then undertake negotiations with one of the other qualifying firms.
Proposed Schedule of Events
Release of Requests for Qualifications
Monday, August 30, 2021
Last Day to Ask Questions or Request Clarification on RFQ
Monday, October 4, 2021
Monday, October 18, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Late Oct. or early November
- Reserved Rights
- Heber City reserves the sole right to evaluate the proposals submitted; and to waive any irregularities therein; or to reject any and all proposals, and award a contract as may be in the best interest of Heber City. The RFP will require a cost proposal from the respondents. Further, this RFP is not to be construed as a contract or as a commitment of any kind; nor does it commit Heber City to pay for any cost incurred in the submission of a response or for any cost incurred prior to the execution of a formal contract.
- General Conditions
- Upon submission of a proposal, the responder hereby certifies as to its own organization, that:
- The respondent has examined and carefully studied the RFP;
b) The respondent is familiar with and is satisfied as to all Federal, State and local laws and regulations that may affect cost, performance and furnishings of the agreement;
- This proposal is genuine and not made in the interest of or on behalf of an undisclosed person, firm or corporation and is not submitted in conformity with any agreement or rules of any group, association, organization or corporation; the respondent has not directly or indirectly induced or solicited any other respondent to submit a false or sham Bid; the respondent has not solicited or induced any person, firm or corporation to refrain from bidding; and the respondent has not sought by collusion for itself any advantages over any other respondent or over Heber City.
- Should the proposal not contain sufficient information for the applicant to obtain a clear understanding of the services required by the sponsor, or should it appear that the instructions outline in this proposal are not clear or contradictory, the firm may obtain written clarification from the project manager until Monday, October 4, 2021.
- All proposals, including attachments, supplementary materials, renderings, sketches addenda, etc., shall become upon submission, the property of the City, and will not be returned to the applicant.
G) Contract Award
- The successful respondent to whom the contract is awarded will be required to enter into a written agreement with the City in a form acceptable to the City.